It's no secret most people will use an Arduino for their electronics project. But, it's no secret Microchip's PIC range of microcontrollers are also quite common and popular.
When you start toying around with it, sooner or later you'll be wishing for more... and that includes things like an SD card to load/store data; a USB port to interact with a PC; or even an ethernet connection for networking. So, I present you this WEBSD.
Some of thing you can do with it:
- An Touch keyboard, usable as a standard USB keyboard.
- A Video Game ( pong and snake games) , with TV output, and connection to a PC Keyboard ( the old PS/2 ) for control.
- Picture frame, reads pictures form the SD card and show them on the TV.
- Controling a 5 volt LCD and some leds, with just 3 wires ( the MCU is 3.3V)
- Web server, where you can see some status of the board as temperature, the position of a Pot and a Button, control some leds and the LCD ( all this from the internet)
I'm sure you'll be able to come up with some pretty cool ideas of your own to take it even further.